Thread: Images of the sacred circle

Local Date
    12-21-2014
    Local Time
    05:26 AM
    Hi all just a though..

When you cast your sacred circle and call upon the Guardians of the Quarters, do you imagine them to look like anything or do you "feel" what they look like, or perhaps you think of them as spirits. Again with the elements do you imagine them in human form or in their natural form, does calling each of them up conjure up an image in your mind?

Id be interested to see whether any of us have the same ideas.

I feel its only fair because I asked the question I go first.

The Guardians of the Quarters I imagine to be in the form of Gladiator type forms but for some reason (probably my Christian upbringing) I imagine them with flaming swords...

The elements is another matter.. For earth I try to feel my feet go into the earth and that muddy earthy smell, or sometimes it hits me as the smell of grass it does depend on the time of year.. Water I always imagine the sea, just think a whole powerful ocean helping me. Air is the wing beats of the Buzzards that live up here and their cry which carries on the air.. Fire my favourite is almost like a spirit made of fire it never changes that one.. Spirit, me I can see as a cold but hot blue flame which rises through my feet and through my body to the Goddess..

Wonder if anyone else's is similar....

Blessings

Freya
    xx

Local Date
    12-21-2014
    Local Time
    Wow, they sound wonderful and powerful Freya.
    My internal images of the elements are very similar to yours in some ways although I think because of my love for the Tarot I see them also as the Tarot tools as well.
    As for the Guardians of the quarters, they are like a deep and colourful mists and again I think this is because of the way I have been taught.

It's interesting to have these descriptions of these images because I feel that by sharing we can modify our own visualisation of them and maybe improve the way that we view them.
    Cherish Yourself Today. . Bright Blessings, Rosa

Local Date
    12-21-2014
    Local Time
    Quote Originally Posted by freya View Post
    Hi all just a though..

When you cast your sacred circle and call upon the Guardians of the Quarters, do you imagine them to look like anything or do you "feel" what they look like, or perhaps you think of them as spirits. Again with the elements do you imagine them in human form or in their natural form, does calling each of them up conjure up an image in your mind?

Id be interested to see whether any of us have the same ideas.

I feel its only fair because I asked the question I go first.

The Guardians of the Quarters I imagine to be in the form of Gladiator type forms but for some reason (probably my Christian upbringing) I imagine them with flaming swords...

The elements is another matter.. For earth I try to feel my feet go into the earth and that muddy earthy smell, or sometimes it hits me as the smell of grass it does depend on the time of year.. Water I always imagine the sea, just think a whole powerful ocean helping me. Air is the wing beats of the Buzzards that live up here and their cry which carries on the air.. Fire my favourite is almost like a spirit made of fire it never changes that one.. Spirit, me I can see as a cold but hot blue flame which rises through my feet and through my body to the Goddess..

Wonder if anyone else's is similar....

Blessings

Freya
    xx
    Great post Freya and something I have not seen discussed before. Its as if we all expect to visualise the same thing, but of course we don't. What we see will always be clouded by our own culture, beliefs and life experiences.

I also see the Guardians men, and the type of men they are also represents the elements.

I see a man wearing fur like a Viking in the north, as it would be cold. He carries an axe and large sword.

In the south he is a very muscular Zulu Warrior with an animal skin shield and spear. Those who have seen the series 'Shaka Zulu' will know what I mean.

In the west is Poseidon. The god who rules the seas oceans and tides. All the raging emotions and the softer ones are ruled & protected by him. He has his trident.

East is the air and thought and in this position sit two men. One is Carl Jung and next to him is Einstein. I have only recently realised why these two men sit side by side - its because they and their work represent each side of my brain.

Thanks for posing this and allowing us to share. I am sure Psychiatrists could have a field day with our answers! x

Chat room if you PM me first and I am on.
    Local Date
    12-21-2014
    Local Time
    12:26 AM
    Haven't really worked to much in circles, but I think to me they would probably come up as Altairs with robes corresponding to what they represent, like blue for water for instance, or perhaps shinobi with the same idea.